The 7th European Drosophila Population Genomics Consortium (DrosEU) workshop was held on 6-8 May 2018 at the Fondazione Edmund Mach di San Michele all’Adige, Trento, Italy.
The workshop was hosted by Omar-Rota Stabelli and featured updates from our scientific working groups as well as discussions about our planned phenotyping effort in 2019. On the second day of the workshop, a public session with scientific talks was held, which provided an opportunity for non-consortium members to learn about DrosEU.
Thanks! to all attendees!
7th DrosEU meeting
POPULATION GENOMICS CONSORTIUM
Sala Convitto in Convitto Building, Fondazione Edmund Mach (FEM), San Michele all’Adige, Trento Province, Italy
6-7-8 May 2018
Sunday 6: Social in Trento
16:00 Visit of Trento Castle; all museums will be free on this day.
19:30 Dinner in Pedavena Brewery, Trento. Book with Omar ASAP.
Monday 7: DrosEU network business in Sala convitto, FEM, San Michele
8:00 Meeting at Trento-Malé train station (trains at 8:12; 8.33; then every 1 hour).
9:30-13:00 General, outreach, workinggroups, transcriptomics
- General updates on DrosEU (Thomas Flatt , Martin Kapun, Josefa González)
- DrosEU outreach efforts (Roberto Torres)
- Updates from WGs: TE (Josefa González and Cristina Vieira), Clinal (Martin Kapun and Sara), Microbiome (Fabian Staubach)
- Discussion of transcriptomics (1h). (Nico’s slides)
13:00 Lunch in San Michele Cantine for DrosEU members
14:00-16:00 DrosEU Phenotyping and others
- Discussion of phenotyping efforts (Everybody)
- varia/miscellaneous (Everybody)
- 16:00 Visit to cellar and wine tasting (Pinot, Schiava, Muller, Marzemino)
17:00 Visit to Fondazione and countryside walk
19:00 Cable car from Mezzocorona to Spiazzi
Lunches, coffee brakes, winetastingare free and kindly supported by ESEB and FEM
Tuesday 8: Fondazione Edmund Mach, San Michele all’Adige, Italy Sala Convitto, FREE ENTRY
9:30-13:00 Population Genomics of Drosophila
- 9:30 Alan Bergland (U. Virginia, US): Dros-RTEC:Tracking the tempo and mode of evolution over ecologically relevant temporal and spatial scales
- 10:30 Martin Kapun (Fribourg, CH) : DrosEU:Genomics analysis of European D. melanogaster on a dense spatial scale
- 11:00 Pepi González (Barcelona, ES): Population genomics of transposable elements
- 11:30 Thomas Flatt (Fribourg, CH): Genetics of Life-HistoryClines
- 12:00 Cristina Vieira (Lyon, F): Exploring intraspecific compatibility in Drosophila
- 12:30 SvitlanaSerga (Kiev, Ukraine): Wolbachia in Drosophila populations from Ukraine
- 13:00-14:30 Lunch break (free for DrosEU members in FEM cantine)
14:30-18:00 Evolution and Genetics in Drosophilids and other organisms
- 14:30 Marina Stamenkovic-Radak (Zagreb, KR) : Obscure work with Obscura specie
- 15:00 BasZwaan (Wageningen, NL) : Causes and consequences of genetic variation
- 15:30 Nicola Cook (St. Andrews, UK): The genetic basis of cold tolerance in Drosophila
- 16:00 Hervè Colinet(Rennnes,F): Thermal acclimation responses in Drosophila flies using Omics
- 17:00 Manolis Ladoukakis(Creete, GR): Study of mtDNA heteroplasmy in Drosophila
- 17:30 Kun Hunag(FEM): Comparative and population genomics of Drosophila and its Wolbachia
- 18:00 Valerio Mazzoni (FEM): Evolution of vibrational communication on the Drosophila phylogeny
18:30 Evening seminar (Sala Degustazione): The evolution of the aperitive using population genetics allegories by Omar Rota Stabelli and Lino Ometto. Accompanied by comparative-spritz and speck (21:09 last Trento-Malé train to Trento).Program of the 7th DrosEU workshop (Trento, Italy, 6-8 May 2018)