We encourage scientists – especially members of ESEB (!) – interested in joining us to contact Josefa González (email@example.com), cc to Thomas Flatt (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Martin Kapun (email@example.com); we are now accepting applications for active consortium membership.
Active consortium membership for 2017 requires a commitment and contribution to a minimum of 2 out of the 3 requirements:
(1) to perform sampling in 2017 for a minimum of 1 geographic location and for a minimum of 2 timepoints (once in summer and once in fall/autumn), following our sampling protocol for pool-seq.
(2) to make a financial contribution to covering sequencing costs in 2015/2016.
(3) to make an other valuable contribution to the consortium effort in 2015/2016. This could, for example, include: data analysis; maintenance of live isofemale lines; coordinating a working group; organising and hosting a consortium workshop; data storage; coordination tasks within the network; developing, hosting and maintaining databases; developing, hosting and maintaining web-based communication tools for the consortium, e.g. websites, twitter, etc.; generating funding for the consortium, e.g. via grant writing; and so forth.
- Active membership entails being involved in all democratic decisions of the consortium, having access and being privy to all consortium-internal informations, communications, data, analyses outputs, and so forth.
- Statements of interest should be sent to Josefa González and/or Thomas Flatt; the commitment agreement form is available from us upon request.
Scientific Working Groups coordinators:
Microbiota. Fabian Staubach (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phenotyping and Functional Genetics. Jorge Vieira (email@example.com)
Clinal and Seasonal Variation. Thomas Flatt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Drosophila suzukii. Omar Rota (email@example.com)